Fairleigh Dickinson University was founded in 1942, is a private university located in New Jersey, United States. Fairleigh Dickinson University, or also known as FDU has four campuses and they offer hundreds of undergraduate and graduate programs. Currently, there are more than 11,000 students following their studies there. FDU provides a free fdu.edu webmail (email) service with FDU webmail accounts.
In this article, we are mainly talking and providing guidance on the webmail FDU.
1. How do I create an FDU Webmail Account?
1. Open your browser and go to this link (https://webmail.fdu.edu).
2. Click “Create new account“.
3. After that, you will have to provide the following information –
- Last name – Enter your last name
- Middle Initial – Enter your middle initial (This is only an optional field)
- First name – Enter your first name here
- User type – You must select whether you are a student, an employee, or from alumni of FDU
- Birthdate – Enter your date of birth (i.e., 10-17-1999)
- Student ID/Employee Number – Enter the student number of the employee number you received from the University
- Social Security number – This should be given by the FDU to identify your status in the university
- Login Name – Enter your preferred login name
- Password – Enter a strong password to your account according to the rules they have provided
- Secret question – Here you must enter a question and the answer to use in case you lost the password of your FDU account
- Home phone number – enter a phone number to contact your home
Now you are almost all done, and you can complete the process with a couple of clicks.
2. FDU Webmail Login
You can easily log into your FDU webmail account By following these simple steps –
1. Make sure you have an Internet connection And open your web browser.
2. Go to this URL (https://webmail.fdu.edu).
3. Then you will be directed to the webmail login page. Enter your FDU NetID and the correct password of the FDU account in relevant fields.
4. Click the “Sign in” button. After a few seconds, you will be logged into the FDU webmail account.
3. Forgot or Reset Password of FDU account
If you cannot log in to the webmail account, click on the “Help accessing NetID” option on the FDU webmail login page and it will open a Can’t Access My Account page (https://identity.fdu.edu/forgot.php).
There you have three options to reset or recover your password and select one. After that, you have to enter your FDU NetID number or the FDU ID number and click Next.
If you have forgotten the password, there is another direct method too.
1. Open the browser and go to the URL (https://Identity.fdu.edu/forgotusername.php).
2. You will be directed to do the forgot password page, And then you will have to enter your last name, first name, and recovery email address.
3. Then click the “Submit” button and then follow the instructions They have provided through the email you will receive to reset your password.
If you are still having problems signing in to your webmail account, You can try the following troubleshooting methods.
- Close your browser and open it again.
- Check whether your browser is accepting cookies or not. If not you have to accept cookies through the browser.
- If you have already set your browser to accept cookies, try clearing the cookies of your browser.
- Sometimes deleting the cache of the browser will solve login problems.
4. FDU Webmail Setup
Here we are explaining how to set up the FDU webmail using Microsoft Outlook 2010. Simply go through the following steps.
4.1 – Configure using Automatic method
1. Open the Microsoft Outlook application on your computer.
2. Then go to “Add Account“.
3. You have to enter your account credentials on this page –
- Your Name – Enter your name as in the FDU account (i.e. John Smith)
- Email address –Enter your FDU email address here
- Password – Enter the correct password of your FDU account
- Retype password – Enter the above password again as a confirmation
4. Click the “Next” button And wait till the outlook find the email server automatically.
5. Select “o365“, click “Always use this profile“, and then click OK to finish to set up.
4.2 – Configure using Manual method
In case automatic configuration does not work, you can use the manual configuration method to set up your account in outlook 2010.
1. Open Outlook and go to “Add the Account“.
2. Select the “Manual setup or additional server types” option at the bottom And click the “Next” button.
3. Then select the “Microsoft Exchange Server or compatible service” option and click the “Next” button.
4. Here you have to enter the server settings.
- Server – Type “autodiscover.outlook.com”
- Username – Type your FDU email address
5. Click the “Next” button.
6. Then go to the connection tab and then to the “Exchange Proxy Settings“.
7. Enter the settings in the following figure and click the “OK” button.
Accessing WebCampus account using FDU Webmail
In order to access WebCampus, you must have an FDU Webmail account and be officially registered for WebCampus classes.
Those who already have an FDU Webmail account will have the same Username and Password for the WebCampus account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note, there will be a delay of up to 2 business days after creating a Webmail account before you can access WebCampus.
FDU Webmail Technical Support
If you are having trouble creating or logging in to your Webmail account, please contact the Fairleigh Dickinson University Technical Assistance Center at (973) 443-8822 or email email@example.com.
Hope you got a good understanding of the FDU Webmail account, sign up, log in and work with fdu.edu webmail, and configuring webmail FDU on Outlook.