Webmail is a cloud-based service or Web-based email system that allows you to access and use your email from almost anywhere through an internet connection. Webmail offers users more flexibility than a standard email that comes with your web domain. Usually, Webmail services are free to use, but they generally provide fewer features than other paid hosting services.
What is a Webmail?
Webmail refers to an email service provided over the internet so you can easily access and send emails at any time or place without requiring pre-loaded software such as email clients. Instead, users log into a Webmail service on any internet access device and then view their email messages through a web browser.
Features of a Webmail:
· Webmail services allow users to access their email from almost anywhere as long as they have internet connectivity.
· Webmail services generally do not require any software to be installed. Users can access their email through an internet browser.
· Webmail comes with many features that enable you to do more than send and receive email.
· Webmail services let users see the formatting and images in email messages as they appear to the recipient.
· Most webmail services offer spam filtering, which helps users manage incoming messages. For example, they can choose to ignore specific email addresses or mark messages as spam.
· Webmail offers POP3 and IMAP access to user inboxes, the most common protocols for accessing email over the internet.
· Webmail services often come with built-in tools that let users quickly and efficiently process email messages. For example, they can delete multiple messages at once, file them in folders or move them to other accounts.
In this article, we have seen what is a webmail. We also learned about its features and how it differs from other types of emails. So we hope that this article will be helpful for you. If you have any doubts, then please feel free to tell us in the comments section.