Tufts Webmail is a Tufts University’s webmail system. Webmail provides faculty and staff with online access to email, calendars, tasks, and contacts from any computer or device with a web browser (e.g., desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones).
Tufts Webmail is powered by cloud-based Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook Web Access – OWA) to provide a rich, collaborative email experience.
The Tufts Medical Center Webmail system is available to all current Tufts faculty and staff. Accounts are automatically provisioned when their Tufts Username is created.
Tufts Medical Center is a teaching hospital What is a Webmail?in Boston, Massachusetts. Tufts offers a full range of clinical programs and services to patients in the Greater Boston area.
Since Tufts Webmail uses OWA to access your email, you will use your Tufts Username and Password to log in using the Outlook cloud app.
Follow these steps to log in to Tufts Webmail:
1. Open a web browser and go to the Outlook website (https://outlook.office365.com).
2. Enter your Tufts Email address (email@example.com) and click Next.
3. After verifying your email address, it will ask you to enter your webmail account password. Enter your password and click on Next.
4. After successful authentication, the Tufts Webmail login page will redirect you to the Outlook mailbox.
After logging in to your Tufts Webmail, you can use the same username and password to access other Office 365 apps like Microsoft Outlook.
Follow these steps to change your password:
Open your browser and go to http://tuftstools.tufts.edu/.
Click on Change my Tufts Password.
Select Yes, I know my current Tufts Password. The Change Password screen will open.
Enter your Tufts Username and current Tufts Password.
Please enter the text or number in the Captcha box exactly as you see it.
Enter your new password and click Reset Password.
Now you can use your new password to log in to Tufts Webmail.
If you don’t know your password, you need to contact Tufts Webmail technical support at 617-627-3376.
1. Open the Outlook desktop application. The account setup wizard will appear.
2. Click Next.
3. You will be asked to connect an email account. Select Yes.
4. Click Next.
5. Make sure the Email Account option is selected.
6. Provide your name, Tufts email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org), and Tufts password.
7. Click Next.
8. Click Allow.
9. A Windows Security login window will appear. Provide your Tufts username in the format “email@example.com” (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
10. Click OK. You may also need to complete Duo two-factor authentication.
11. When your account is done configuring, click Finish.
1. From Finder, open the Outlook desktop application.
2. Outlook will open to a Welcome to Outlook window. Click on Get started.
3. You will be asked to sign in to activate your Office license. Click on Sign in.
4. It’ll bring you to a sign-in page. Enter your Tufts email address (e.g. John.Jumbo@tufts.edu) and click Next.
5. Enter your Tufts username in the format email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and enter your password. Click on Sign In.
6. You will be prompted to authenticate using DUO two-factor authentication.
7. After authentication, you will see the following screen. Click on Start Using Outlook.
8. Outlook will locate your email account. Click the Add email@example.com button.
9. You’ll be given the option to use Outlook with other email accounts. Click Done to begin using your Tufts email account on your MacBook or iMac.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Scroll down and tap Accounts.
3. Tap Add account.
4. Select Add Email Account.
5. Enter your full Tufts email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and password, then tap Login.
6. Tap Log in. You may need to complete Duo two-factor authentication.
7. Select Yes to let the app access your information.
After successful Duo two-factor authentication, you will be able to access your Tufts webmail account on your android phone.
1. In the Mail app on your iPhone or iPad, tap Create New Account or select an account you want to edit from the list of Accounts.
2. Select Add Other Mail Account.
3. Enter your full Tufts email address (e.g. email@example.com) and password, then tap Login.
4. Tap Log in. You may need to complete Duo two-factor authentication.
5. Select Yes to let the app access your information.
After successful Duo two-factor authentication, you will be able to access your Tufts webmail account on your iPhone.
To enroll your webmail account for Duo Two-Factor Authentication, follow these steps –
Once you have completed all steps, you can use the same device to get a passcode in the future.
1. Open the Google Play Store app on your phone.
2. Search for Duo Mobile and select it if available, or click on Update to search for any new versions of the app.
3. Tap Install to download and install Duo Mobile onto your Android device.
4. Launch Duo Mobile after installation completes, then use one of the following methods to scan the barcode below.
-If you have a physical barcode scanner, scan the barcode below.
-If you have a camera on your device, open the app and point the camera at the barcode below.
5. If scanning is successful, Duo Mobile will automatically begin enrollment. Enter your Tufts Username and password when prompted. If you have a Duo Security account, use the same username and password to sign in to your Duo account.
6. After successfully enrolling in Duo, return to the Google Play Store app on your phone and choose to Sign In with Duo Mobile from the menu options of the Google Authenticator app.
7. Enter the phone number associated with your Duo Mobile account and tap OK.
8. Duo Mobile will send you a one-time verification code. Enter the code into the Duo Authenticator app and tap Verify.
9. You have now successfully verified your phone number with Duo Mobile. Whenever you sign in to any website or application that uses Duo Security for two-factor authentication, you will have to enter a verification code from your phone.
The selected email address would receive a copy of all your Tufts emails.
If you need any help setting up your Tufts Webmail account, contact the Help Desk by telephone at (617) 627-7000 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tufts University provides its students and staff with various tools to help them get the most out of their academic careers. One such tool is Tufts Webmail – Students may use this mail service to send and receive messages, files, and attachments over the Internet using an email address that includes @tufts.edu.