This post shows you how to transfer contacts from Webmail to Gmail. This will help you to avoid losing important contacts when you change your email provider.
We all know how frustrating it can be when you change your email provider. Transferring your contacts from one email provider to another is time-consuming and can be quite a headache. This post will show you how to transfer contacts from Webmail to Gmail.
How to Transfer Contacts From Webmail to Gmail?
If you have been using a web email service like Hotmail or Yahoo, then you should know that it is much more challenging to import contacts from a web-based account to Gmail. It is more difficult to find a webmail contact management software to make the transfer.
If you have more than a few hundred contacts, you need to follow these simple methods to transfer contacts from Webmail to Gmail.
To transfer contacts from Webmail, you need to export the contacts as vcard on Webmail and then import them to Gmail.
1. First, you need to login into your Webmail (e.g., Hotmail) and then click on the start button.
2. This will take you to the “main menu.”
3. Now, click on the envelope.
4. This will take you to all the options on your Hotmail account.
5. Now select “Import and Export.” It will show you four options.
6. Select the “Export to a file” option. This will show you a list of file formats in which you can export your Hotmail contacts.
7. Select the one which suits you most. For this example, I will select “vCards(.vcf).”
8. Now, you need to select all contacts.
9. Press the Ctrl key and then select all the contacts present at the bottom.
10. After that, press the export button. It will start exporting your contacts as a vcard.
11. Once it is done, open your Gmail account and then click on contacts.
12. Click on the “more” button, which is present at the top right-hand side. You will see the option import contacts.
13. Click on the import button, and a new window will appear, showing you the file system.
14. Select the vcard file which you have downloaded. It will start importing your contacts.
Transfer Contacts From Webmail to Gmail To transfer contacts from Webmail to Gmail, you must move them over to your desktop first.
This is quickly done by logging into your webmail account, then heading over to File -> import or export.
You will then be able to download your contacts as a CSV file, then copy and paste them into a Google spreadsheet.
You can then import the Google spreadsheet into your Gmail account.
Why to Transfer Contacts From Webmail to Gmail?
There are many reasons why people switch to Gmail. They have probably heard friends or colleagues rave about the service, or they might have had a few bad experiences with the Webmail they were using. Whatever the reason, setting up Gmail is easy.
The first step is to sign up for a new account on the Gmail website. This is the same process as signing up for any new account, so there are no surprises. The only difference is that you will be asked if you want to use your existing mail or start fresh.
The next step is to import your mail and contacts. You can do this using the Google Mail wizard or any program you prefer.
You may have a lot of contacts stored in different webmail accounts or different services, but there is no guarantee that your webmail account will last for a long time.
So it is recommended to backup your contacts to your Gmail account. You can easily sync all your contacts saved in your Gmail address book with the help of third-party applications like Google sync. Just install the Google sync application, and it will import your contacts automatically.
In conclusion, we hope this article helped you with your email transfer problem. We know it’s a problem for many people, so we wanted to share this tutorial with you. It should save you some time and money. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below.