Recall Email is an Outlook Office 365 feature that allows users to recall (or retract) an email message that has been sent before the recipient opens it. The Recall a message right is for messages you want to retract a recall request or send a new message with updated content before the recipient opens the original email. This article will show you how to recall an email in Outlook Office 365 webmail.
1. In the folder pane on the left of the Outlook window, choose the Sent Items folder.
2. Open the message that you want to recall. You must double-click to open the message. Selecting the message, so it appears in the reading pane won’t allow you to recall the message.
3. If you have the Classic Ribbon, select Actions > Recall This Message from the Message tab.
4. If you have the Simplified Ribbon, select the Message tab and then select More commands (…). Point to Actions and select Recall This Message.
5. A dialogue box will appear with the following options:
-Recall this message: This allows you to recall the message and retract the recall request. The recipient will no longer see the message in their inbox.
-Send a copy: This allows you to resend the original email without recalling it.
-Mark as read: You can mark this message as read. This option is available for new messages only, not replies or forwards.
6. Choose the desired option and then click OK.
7. The message will be retracted or resent as specified.
The recipient will see a message that the email has been recalled or resent.
A: No, you cannot recall messages protected by the policy.
A: Recall is not available in Outlook on the web. To send a new message with updated content before your recipient opens the original email, you’ll need to use Outlook on the web.
A: In Mail, in the Folder Pane, click Sent Items. Double-click the message that you want to recall. In the Move group, click Actions and then click Recall This Message on the Message tab. In the Recall This Message dialogue box, choose one of the options and then click OK.
A: You won’t see the Recall option when you open your Mail on your phone or tablet because this feature is not available in Outlook Web App for Devices. Instead, use a computer to recall your message.
This article has shown you how to recall an email in Outlook Office 365 webmail. The Recall is an Outlook feature that allows users to retract an email message that has been sent before the recipient opens it. The steps to recall a message are simple and easy to follow.